What a great day a the 8th Annual Richmond Greater Virginia Bridal Show in Doswel, Virginia. We met any brides, many great vendors and Monte Durham ! Monte was great, he has such a passion about weddings. This wedding show had a great fashion show, wedding advice from both Monte Durham and Former Ms. Virginia. There was also a concert by special musicians.
We participated last year in this wedding show and it’s always a good time. We gave away prizes and met a lot of couples from one end of Virginia to couples getting married in Mexico! The show started off with a long line out the door with many smiles and anticipation of finding the right vendor for each couple. There were prizes also given away by Angeline with the show, even a cool thousand dollars was given away.
Monte Durham Looked sharp as usual. He was very gracious in showing his support for the vendors who share the same passion that he does about weddings and finding that perfect connection with the right vendors.
We love meeting brides and vendors a like since we get to see the trends, likes and dislikes of weddings. What’s popular in weddings today may not be tomorrow, so weddings shows like this one are a great way to see what’s trending with weddings today.
Here are a few tips for visiting wedding show;
- Bring the person who is helping you with your wedding; It’s always great to have that person who is your ‘go to’ with you at the wedding show.
- Take pictures of booths you really like. Wedding shows are usually only four to six hours; so you might get overwhelmed. Taking pictures is a good way to remember vendors.
- Print out a sheet or two of address labels with your wedding and contact information. Many vendors have sign up sheets. So being able to plop down a label is faster, so you can spend your time meeting the vendor.
- Bring comfortable shoes. We all know, it’s all about the shoes. :}
- And finally, bring plenty of time. Most shows cost to get into, so take your time and chat with vendors. Many have years if not decades of experience, so you can pick up plenty of tips.
So we hope to see you at the next wedding show!